Breakfast potatoes are a very common occurrence all over the world. In this article, I’m going to show you how to make crispy vegan breakfast potatoes. Back in 2014, in my SSC year, I learned this from my cousin Ena. Let’s see how her recipe turned out.
A Brief on Crispy Vegan Breakfast Potatoes
There’s a reason why a food lover like you likes to eat potato dishes. It’s a fact that potatoes contain minerals and various vitamins, like Vitamin C, that work as antioxidants. Another thing is that it is one of the most available and affordable foods out there. Most importantly, potatoes are one of the vegetables that can be used to make thousands of different dishes.
However, these crispy vegan breakfast potatoes can be made so easily. It only takes five ingredients, which are usually available in everyone’s kitchen. Recently, we went to my cousin Ena’s home. So I decided to make the dish he taught me almost nine years ago and surprise her!
Here are the ingredients’ names for you to make the dish.
- You already knew what to have first. Yeah, it’s potatoes. You can pick any kind of potato based on your taste or availability.
- You’ll need paparika to have an extra taste of flavor.
- Olive oil is also needed. However, in this case, you can take any brand’s olive oil as well.
- Garlic powder is an absolute must. It will enhance the flavor.
- Without salt, most of the dishes are tasteless, haha! Get what you wish.
- You may also take onions. It is not necessary like the rest, but it’ll enhance the taste a bit more.
- Baking sheet
Step by step making
Here we are finally! Let’s start our recipe on vegan breakfast potatoes..
- To begin, heat up your oven to 420°F.
- Then, take your potatoes and cut them into 1-3 inch slices, or however you prefer.
- Take out the jelly roll pan, also known as a rimmed baking sheet. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and then combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle garlic powder, pepper, salt, and olive oil to taste. Combine them.
- Stir the mix from time to time, just like you do with the other dishes.
- Finally, the process is almost finished. Keep it in the oven for about half an hour.
- After half an hour, you’ll need to heat it up to around 500°F to get the best taste; heat around ten minutes.
- Cool it now in your own way and repeat.
Hope, you like the recipe of my cousin Ena, who’s expecting a baby soon!
- Are crispy breakfast potatoes every day's dish?
You can have it for everyday, it's so tasty and healthy.
- How long does it take to cook breakfast potatoes?
It will take around an hour or less.
- Is it costly?
No, it's one of the dishes that doesn't cost “more” money.
Thanks for reading our recipe about breakfast potatoes. If you’ve anything to ask, then let me know in the comment section.