After a hectic year, the new year has begun, and here I am with another recipe. Who doesn’t want to start the new year with some tasty treats? Literally everyone does! So, today I’m going to show you how to make Bisquick sausage balls at home to brighten up your new year. Let’s get started!
Ever wonder when these Bisquick sausage balls were first made? After reading a cook book named The American Century Cookbook, I got to know that these sausage balls were created in the 1960s! So it has more than 60 years of history, and we are still loving this food in the modern era. Hats off to the creator! However, let’s begin with our recipe that I learned from my mother.
A quick discussion of Bisquick sausage balls
These Bisquick sausage balls are bite-sized appetizers. You can eat them anytime, especially on holidays. As we are in the new year, it will be a good addition to your new year’s delicious snacks as well. They are made with all-purpose baking mix, pork sausage, and cheddar cheese. Over all, it is a snack you can make in no time.
- Five cups of Bisquick baking mix, it is the most important one.
- One cup of sage-flavored pork sausage is also required.
- You’ll also need one cup of hot pork sausage. These two kinds of pork sausage are essential.
- Two and a half cups extra-sharp Cheddar cheese; if you don’t know what that is, it means the cheese has to be 12-14 months old. Has to be shredded as well.
- Then, take a tablespoon honey and mayonnaise.
- Cookie Scoop (I you have it)
- Baking Sheet
- Large Bowl
How to make Bisquick sausage balls?
Finally, we have come to the main part, for what you have waited till now. To know how to make Bisquick sausage balls easily, take a good look at the steps I have given below.
- At first, preheat your oven. You must heat it to around 150 degrees Celsius.
- Then, you’ll take a slightly larger bowl and mix the ingredients, such as Bisquick baking mix, sage-flavored pork sausage, hot pork sausage, and the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Take your baking sheet. And then give the mixture a bite-sized size with your hand, or if you have a cookie scoop in your collection, then use it for a better shape. After that, evenly distribute them on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until you think they are thoroughly cooked.
- Finally, serve them with honey and mayonnaise, or with anything else you want to add as your wish.
You will get various nutrients depending on your ingredients, such as sodium, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, iron, and many more.
- Can I make Bisquick sausage balls for new year 2023 at home?
Yes, it is so easy to make. Just follow our instructions and have fun.
- Are these snacks healthy?
It depends on your ingredients. Before making any snacks make sure you're following the doctor says.
- How long does it take to bake it?
Around 15-25, or depends on you.
That’s it! Thanks for reading my article about spicy Bisquick sausage balls. Hopefully, it helped you, leave your opinion in the comment section if you have anything to say.